The Snuff Broom or Brush?

Mark_StinsonMark_Stinson Administrator
edited February 2016 in The Art of Snuff-Taking
I was watching an old video from the 1960's about snuff and snuff-taking, and in the video they show a fancy snuff-horn with various tools chained to the horn.  There were several spoons attached by dainty chains, but also a snuff broom or brush.  In the video, a young man uses one of the spoons to take snuff from the horn and snuff it up.  And then he takes the small whisk broom or brush, and brushes off his fancy duds.

Now, admittedly, I just sweep any errant crumbs off my shirt with my hand like a damned barbarian.  And the little snuff brush seemed enormously over-the-top.  But, part of me thought it was pretty cool too.  LOL.

So, having never seen any discussion of snuff-brushes, I feel the need to ask if any of you have a snuff-brush for brushing off any snuff messes you make?  Or if any of you have come up with creative ways to clean up any snuff messes you make on your shirt or clothes, other than swiping it off with your hand?

Mark
---------------------------
Mark Stinson

Comments

• HitsuzenHitsuzen Member, Moderator
    edited February 2016
    I saw that, too, on the video you posted on FB. It was an odd shape. Not sure I could see myself using anything like that. I'm not that delicate. Just the same... I'd kind of like to have one. You know, for my collection. In the meantime, I'll sick to my current method of licking it off my shirt.
  • Mark_StinsonMark_Stinson Administrator
    I can't see myself using it either.  Well, maybe if I was trying to be a little obnoxious I might on occassion.  LOL.

Mark
    Mark Stinson
  • My mustache brushes snuff off my hand on a pretty regular basis.  Never seen a real snuff brush in person. I can see a possible use for it. Using my hand like a "barbarian" seems to grind some snuff into my shirt, maybe a brush would avoid that. Alternately we could just snuff topless....

no selfies PLEASE! 
    :))
  • Mark_StinsonMark_Stinson Administrator
    LOL.  No, no, no, no, no selfies of shirtless snuffing from the men, please.  :-)

Mark
    Mark Stinson